Thursday, August 4, 2011

Serious Malware Protection Virus Problem?

I have a virus on my computer called "Malware Protection." It basically runs fake scans with fake results, and tries to get me to enter personal info and buy their software. It's keeping all exe files from running, and I can't get rid of it. I can't even open text documents. I can't open the task manager to shut down this process. I'm only on the internet right now because I'm in safe mode with networking. No scans have picked up on it, including avg, malwarebytes, spybot, and spyhunter. I've looked for the files in the registry, but none of them seem to exist. I searched "malwareprotection" and no results, I looked up online the malware protection registry keys, none of those are in my registry. I've found and deleted all malware protection files, except for a text document which recreates itself every time I delete it. Anyone know of the correct registry entries to delete so I can remove this myself? I'm pretty confident no scan will pick up on this if all four of those others failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment