Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A lump snaking out of lower left ribs?

I am a 25/f. In decent health, par a few things. For over a year I have had near daily chest pain, nothing major most of the time, but sometimes it takes my breath away, always on the left side. I don't suspect it is cardiac related because of normal EKG's and blood work, also paired with the fact that most of the time I can recreate the pain by pressing on my chest. About 8 months ago, I started getting an uncomfortable feeling under my left ribs, it never really goes away and is frankly annoying. A few months ago I noticed a lump snaking out of the last two ribs on the left side. It is not painful, feels kind of like a tube and sits in between and on the lower ribs. I have seen numerous drs, been to the ER more times than I can count. Sometimes the pain in my chest scares me into a panic attack. Now it seems everytime I am in extreme pain they rule it as a panic attack, but I know there is something else going on. I am tired all the time, I started having dizzy moments and moments of confusion. I had a head CT after a severe headache with neck pain and that was normal as well. My husband is starting to think that this is all in my head, and it is scaring the **** out of me. I have an 8 year old son and I am scared that I am not going to be around. The last CT I had done on my abdomen showed nothing of any consequence other than an enlarged bile duct from my galbladder. As I am writing this, I just got a sudden twinge in my head that feels like it is being put into a vice right at my temples. Its like I can feel it pulsating. I take anxiety meds every now and then when I need to, and try to remain calm most of the time, but these ailments are bothering me.

No comments:

Post a Comment